Pittsburgh --- Learn to DriveI know, I know, we had a freak snowstorm today. Pittsburgh is only located in the northeast, and we have not seen snow in nine months. It is an unexpected event, a minor snow flurry in December in this city, so I can understand how everyone panicked this afternoon as they forgot how to drive. That half an inch of snow and a patina of ice destroyed your reflexes. I understand.
So before the next snow storm where we could get up to 1 INCH of snow, let me give you a couple of quick reminders.
1) Four Wheel Drive does not make you a god.
2) Just because everyone else is being an asshole does not mean you are allowed to be one too.
3) Do not gridlock. The extra twenty eight feet you gained playing tail end charlie as the light was solidly red does you no good as that asshole (see point #2) at the next intersection is gridlocking 5th Avenue and preventing any forward creep.
4) Do not cut across three lanes of traffic because there is a temporary three car length hole over there. I am getting to that space first, and if I am not the guy one lane closer to it will be there. You have no chance.
5) Relax, and hopefully next time I can go the 4.5 miles from Point A to Point B in a little less than three hours.